Funding – Modelling
Environmental Transition (ET) funding, a new challenge for businesses and communities to integrate
Companies and communities are being pressured by their stakeholders to initiate or accelerate their environmental transition.
- Funding the environmental transition almost inevitably translates into significant investments. Taking an equity stake in or creating a company, transforming and greening the business model of an existing activity to increase its green share, reducing carbon intensity or financing a 2° strategy, deploying 3rd industrial revolution concepts in a territory, mitigating physical or transition risks, etc.
- The European recovery plans will make significant funds available to local authorities and companies, and priority will be given to quality projects.
- Before looking for funding, it is essential to model in order to evaluate the economic and financial impact of the planned strategy and therefore to be able to optimise the approach and maximise its return on investment.
Expertise of I Care & Consult
Our expertise in environmental transition funding is organized around four key areas:
- Strategic and operational consulting
- A capacity to reflect at different levels: product, site, company, community. From local to international level
- Financial and economic modelling as well as creation of customized analysis tools
- In-depth knowledge of environmental issues for major economic sectors
Steps to follow for a Successful Environmental Transition
Patrick Foltzenlogel is the contact for the Funding and Modelling division.
- Understanding economic and financial issues
- Identify and analyze the key drivers
- Innovate and define new models
- Take action
Understanding economic and financial issues
- Territorial analysis, panorama of key players
- Benchmarks that show the sector’s state of the art
- Energy efficiency as well as regulatory audits
Identify and analyze the key drivers
- Financial modelling (P&L, cash flow, balance sheet)
- Economic modelling (prospective, public policy evaluation, employment impact)
Innovate and define new models
- Financial, economic and strategic review of business plans & models
- Search for funding (debt, capital, grants…)
- Support in obtaining funding