I Care is a strategy consulting firm in the field of the environment. Since 2008, I Care has assisted companies, financial institutions, and public organizations in transitioning to a low environmental impact society.
The team consists of some 80 consultants, spread over two locations in France (Paris, Lyon) and one abroad (Brazil). I Care is structured around five areas of expertise: climate, biodiversity, sustainable performance, holistic environmental approach, and strategic impact, risks, and opportunities.
About the offer: Life Cycle Analysis & Ecoconception
I Care is looking for a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Ecodesign Project Manager. His/her responsibilities will include managing several projects in parallel, commercial development, as well as managing the team and participating in recruitment. The recruitment of a second LCA/eco-design project manager aims to strengthen the management team in a context of strong growth with increasing management and development needs. The Project Manager plays a key role within the teams for which he/she is responsible, in liaison with the Manager(s) and Partner(s).
You will be part of the LCA team and will be responsible for conducting several projects in parallel. Here are the main tasks that await you:
- Understanding clients’ needs in terms of eco-design/LCA according to their sector of activity;
- Carrying out environmental assessment projects using life cycle analysis;
- Propose eco-design strategies;
- Ensure the proper conduct of assignments and the quality of deliverables;
- Follow the project schedule rigorously, both to meet the deadlines imposed by the clients and to respect the budget sold;
- Participate in the preparation and realization of presentations to clients;
- Develop commercial proposals: framework, budgeting, etc.
As a member of the management team, you will be responsible for :
- Participate in the recruitment of junior and senior consultants and interns to your team;
- Organize, manage and develop the project teams;
- Carry out annual evaluations and semi-annual progress reviews of the consultants you will be responsible for, and set development objectives;
- Support consultants in their career development.
Requirements & Qualifications
Experience and training :
- University / Engineering school
- 5-7 years minimum experience in LCA with significant project management experience;
- Experience in LCA consulting or in the LCA/eco-design department or in a large company
Key competencies :
- Highly rigorous in the use of databases (ecoinvent, Agribalyse, I/O) and environmental calculation/modeling tools (Simapro, OpenLCA)
- Good command of English and the Office package (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Organized, efficient, and motivated
- Ability to network and represent I Care externally
- Ability to lead complex projects and manage a team
- Ability to listen and mentor teamwork skills;
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills
- Strong commercial skills;
I Care’s teams are young and passionate, and internal events are regularly organized in order to promote the integration of newcomers and the best possible work atmosphere. Remote working is commonly practiced by employees who wish to do so.
I Care is looking for a dynamic profile, with a strong interest in the environmental transition, and who wishes to invest in a human-sized and fast-growing structure. The recruitment process will include case studies.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, specifying “LCA & Eco-design Project Manager” in the subject line.
Find all our job offers on our “Available Positions” page.