As an environmental consulting group, we have been assisting companies, financial institutions, and public organisations in their transition to a low environmental impact society since 2008.
The team consists of over 60 talents, spread over 2 locations in France (Paris, Lyon) and abroad (Brazil). I Care is structured around 5 areas of expertise: climate, biodiversity, comprehensive environmental approach, sustainability performance, and strategic impact, risks & opportunities.
About the role: IT/Telecom & Environment
I Care is looking for an experienced consultant (fixed-term or permanent contract) to work on topics related to the environmental transition of the IT and telecom sector. Responsibilities will include contributing to ongoing assignments, writing business proposals, and developing internal content to foster personal and professional skills.
You will be attached to the sustainable digital & energy-climate team. In this role, you will contribute to assignments (research, analysis, deliverables):
From the Green IT team:
- Construction of benchmarks for assessing the environmental impact of digital ;
- Elaboration of environmental strategies for companies in the IT & telecom sectors;
- Provision of multi-criteria environmental impact calculators for IT departments, digital services or IT projects;
- Methodological support for LCA of digital services or IT products
- Development of digital sobriety strategies for IT departments of companies or public organizations, including action plans;
- Support for environmental reporting;
- Training on environmental issues;
From the Energy-Climate team:
- Diagnosis (Bilan Carbone, GHG Protocol…) and support in building the climate strategy of companies
- Evaluation of corporate climate strategies (ACT).
- You will participate in the drafting of I Care’s commercial offers within the framework of public or private consultations as well as in most of the client meetings during the various missions.
You will contribute to internal investments in potential areas of development (participation in the drafting of expert opinions, construction of a knowledge base and identification of issues, contribution to internal work).
You may be asked to represent I Care in external working groups (AGIT, Boavizta, APCC, ABC, etc.).
Experience and Education:
- University/Graduate School of Engineering, with a specialization in IT or Telecom;
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in the IT sector (e.g. CIO, digital transformation of organizations) or telecom;
- Knowledge in Green IT or LCA of digital services is appreciated;
- Strong interest in environmental issues and more specifically in digital sobriety and responsible digital topics;
- Great rigor in the handling of databases and calculation/modeling tools;
- Spirit of analysis and synthesis, very rigorous, writing skills;
- Synthetic and operational writing skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Oral skills, interpersonal skills;
- Dynamic, team player, pro-active and continuously looking for improvement;
- Mastery of the Office package (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent command of English (a third language appreciated)
I Care’s team is young and passionate about environmental challenges. Internal events are being organised regularly to integrate newcomers and provide the best possible working atmosphere. Remote work is available for employees who wish to do so.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com specifying in the subject line “IT-telecom & Environment Consultant Offer”.